05 December 2007

Thank You [Olivia]


[Olivia], you filled me with more love while I carried you than I have known in a lifetime. I cannot begin to describe the joy you brought me.

I want to thank you for each kick and each jab you gave me. Every moment amazed me and warmed my heart. For that I thank you.

At the end of each work day, together we would walk the dog and watch meaningless reality television. It was the best part of my day and for that I thank you.

I wish I could describe the look on your dad's face when we found out you were a girl. You immediately lit up his heart and he lit up the room. I will always remember that moment and for that I thank you.

When people ask me how far along I was or if I knew what I was having, I was so excited to tell them all about you. YES, I would respond, she's a girl... I never felt so proud and for that I thank you.

The moment I saw your face, I fell so deeply in love and in spite of all the sorrow surrounding out circumstance, once I held you in my arms, you brought me absolute peace. For that I thank you.

I don't know why things happened for us the way they did. What I do know is that I am so lucky for every moment I had with my little girl. [Olivia], you are my greatest gift, and now my heart beats for both of us. We love you and miss you every day.

-By Colleen Dempsey, Dedicated to Fallon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...