21 December 2011

Precious Photographs

With all the talk about the Duggars losing their 20th child at 20 weeks I've seen many posts of articles about it on Facebook. This one, however, is my favorite. I do not agree with the Duggars lifestyle, but my heart goes out to them and I hope they are receiving the support they need.

"Dear Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar,
I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your baby daughter Jubilee Shalom. I saw the photograph of you holding her feet, so tiny yet so perfect. And so precious. I'm sure you will treasure every photograph, especially the ones that illustrate your love for her.

Showing the photographs at Jubilee's memorial service was such a touching and fitting tribute to your baby girl. Making them available to the public is provoking both compassion and outrage. Compassion is coming from those who empathize. Outrage is coming from those who are frightened.

I wonder if you are even aware of the naysayers, the doubters, and the critics, some of whom are watching in abject horror. They look at you and can't imagine why you're not shrugging off this experience, as if it's akin to a rained-out picnic or missing a bus. They wonder, what's the big deal? You never even got to know the kid! You can just have another one. Or better yet enjoy the ones you've got!"

Click here to read the article in it's entirety: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/laugh-cry-live/201112/precious-photographs-open-letter-michelle-and-jim-bob-duggar.

(Photo shown is not of the Duggar's angel baby.)

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...