16 July 2007

Birth Announcements

I had birth announcements picked out the week we found out we were having a girl. I was so excited to be able to finally be sending out birth announcements of our own. For the past couple of months I've been debating sending them out now that things have changed. The wording would be so different than I first expected. I thought that it might make people uncomfortable. I thought that it might seem like we were bringing up a sad situation again. I thought lots of things. In the end my love and pride for my daughter won out. I am proud of her. I love her so deeply. The fact that her life was so short was not her fault. It was no one's fault. Why shouldn't we send out her baby announcements? She lived. She had a personality. She was born. She was beautiful. We think of her no differently than if she had lived for a few years instead of just a few months. I hope you can understand. Also, we wanted her family and friends to have a picture of her to remember her by. I picked this picture because it isn't a close-up (for the children's sake). Please feel free to order any pictures of Olivia that you want from the link to her pictures to the right.

If you or anyone you know would like to receive an announcement and didn't, please email us. We'd love to send one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...