01 May 2008

Happy First Birthday Olivia


Thank you to Marie's friend Vickie for creating this graphic as a gift for Olivia.

Today it is snowing while the sun is shining. This weather fits our emotions today.


Thank you to Hubby's friend Becky for the "My First Minnie".

Thank you so much to everyone for the heart-felt emails, card, text, and gifts. It means a lot to know you're thinking of Olivia today, and sending us well wishes.

Before she was born:



After she was born:


Just Once

Just once I wish I could have spent a late hour rocking you in my arms.
Just once I wish I could have gently lain you in your crib.
I wish I could have changed a diaper,
chosen an outfit for the day,
given you a bath,
soothed your skin with lotion.
Just once I wish I could have heard you cry out in loneliness for me.
Spent time alone with you,
Just the two of us,
strolled you proudly through the shopping mall.
Just once I wish I could have heard the words
"What a beautiful, healthy baby girl".
Just once.

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...