25 July 2011

Summer Memories

You may remember, I joined Faces of Hope's monthly writing challenge (FOHMWC). I missed June. Let me catch up.



I didn't get to make any summer memories with our Livy. The only connection summer and Olivia has is her due date. Her due date was August 20, 2007. On that day, months after she was born still, we held a balloon release at her grave. We invited family and friends. Trissy, Sam, their boys, Stefanie, Stacy, Paula, her little son, and Amanda came. We placed six beautiful pink roses in her vase for the six beautiful months we had with her. We released six pink balloons. Paula and Amanda each brought a balloon too.

Momma and Aunt Mickey did a balloon release in my hometown. Aunt Janis and family did one too with yellow balloons. I felt so grateful.

Every due date we visit her grave. We usually leave a "thinking of you" balloon and release another to find it's way to her.

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...